8.04.2010

Images from the Depression Era


Man, I wish I had these when I was working on costumes for From Dust Thou Art. I had no idea that there were any color images out there from the Great Depression. It's rare to see all the textures and colors in the clothing from the period that can get overlooked in black and white photography. Thank you Denverpost.com for your an amazing gallery Captured: America in Color from 1939-1943! I'm definitely filing this think for future research.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Oh, and check out these girls taken in 1941 backstage at a "girlie" show at the state fair. The hair! Oh the hair!
{All images via DenverPost.com }

1 comment:

  1. what a great find. just use it for your next 1930s project ;)

    ReplyDelete